Thursday, January 7, 2010

Scholastics Candidate: Lisandra Vazquez

Artist Statement:

Art is not a role in my life but rather the rhythm I have lived my life to. Art is constantly surrounding us and it is our job to discover and give meaning to it all. Since I have memory my mother has worked in the art world indirectly. She is a website designer and she pretty much will design anything that represents a challenge to her. Luckily I inherited her will and passion and I frequently find myself pushing for new ideas on daily basis. Since I was young I was always captivated by loud and lively colors. They for some reason always bring tranquility to my soul consequently there is no wonder that those same colors are the one that fill my work.

Art is a happy distraction in my school life. It brings a sense of productivity and also the chance to create something from scratch. My work like I mentioned earlier is usually filled with color. Furthermore I mostly find myself creating dreamlike worlds mixed with reality. After all I am a dreamer and my artwork will certainly depict that. The work that you will see is frankly the style I have been working on lately so I decided to put it to the test and let you guys be literally the judges.

I hope that my work will open your mind to the possibilities. To the worlds of colors and fantasies that we all lived in when we were little. The feeling of discovering something new every minute and the sense of awe that came with imagining the how’s, when’s, and what’s. Or simply reminding you of those dull moments when your mind drifts and you find yourself daydreaming. -Lisandra Vazquez

No comments:

Post a Comment